1 Personal data that we process
Assuria NV processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you provide them to us yourself.
Below you will find an overview of the personal data that we process:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Address data
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence and by telephone
- Location data
- Information about your activities on our website or our social media pages
- Data about your surfing behavior across different websites (for example: because Assuria is part of an advertising network)
- List of customer contact details via our Mobile App
- Internet browser and device type
- Bank account number
Assuria NV processes the following special and/or sensitive personal data about you:
- Health (in relation to our Health Insurance products)
- Information about your income (in relation to our Life Insurance products)
2 Purpose of processing personal data
Assuria NV processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Handling your claim and/or payment
- Sending our newsletter and/or advertising brochure
- To be able to call or e-mail you if this is necessary to be able to execute our services
- To inform you about changes to our services and products
- Offer you the option to create an account
- To deliver products and services to you
- Assuria NV analyzes your behavior on the website to improve the website and to tailor the range of products and services to your preferences
- Assuria NV analyzes your surfing behavior on various websites with which we tailor our products and services to your needs
- Assuria NV also processes personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, such as data that we need for our tax return
3 Automated decision making
Assuria NV makes decisions based on automated processing on matters that may have consequences for individuals. These are decisions taken by software or systems, without involving a person (for example an employee of Assuria NV).
4 How long we keep personal data
Assuria NV does not store your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to realize the purposes for which your data is collected. We use the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data:
- Personal details: 10 years
- Address: 10 years
- Data related to your health and financial data: 10 years
5 Sharing personal data with third parties
Assuria NV does not sell your data to third parties and only provides it if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. We conclude a processor agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. Assuria NV remains responsible for these processing operations. Assuria NV does use your data for customer satisfaction/market surveys.
6 Cookies, or similar techniques, that we use
Assuria NV only uses technical, functional and analytical cookies that do not infringe on your privacy. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and, for example, remember your preferred settings. We can also optimize our website with this. You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it no longer stores cookies. In addition, you can also delete all information that has previously been stored via the settings of your browser.
7 View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Assuria NV and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data we have about you in a computer file to you or another organization mentioned by you. This does mean that Assuria NV can no longer provide you with services.
You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for withdrawal of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com.
To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your proof of identity with the request. Make your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and/or Citizen Service Number (Dutch: BSN) black in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within four weeks. After processing, we will also remove your copy of the proof of identity.
8 How we protect personal data
Assuria NV takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact our Quality Management department via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Assuria NV would also like to point out that you have the option to submit a complaint via email@example.com .