WHAT CAN YOU COVER WITH THIS INSURANCE?
Construction All Risk (CAR) insurance covers damage caused during construction/installation work to the work itself, to your property or to the property of third parties. As regards third party property, you can think of damage to, for example, a neighbouring building caused by the work activities of your contractor.
ALTERNATIVES OFFERED WITH THE C.A.R. INSURANCE
- The work: the work forms the basis of C.A.R. insurance. You can think of material damage to the work because of, for example, fire, theft, vandalism, storm, inexpert handling, and faulty building materials.
- Liability risk: Think of damage to neighbouring properties of the building or object to be restored. For example, new roof tiles that have blown off, fallen construction fences or vibration damage caused by pile-driving. Coverage is also available for personal injury or death resulting from the execution of the project.
- Existing Client Property: This Section provides compensation for damage to existing client property because of work, insured under Section 1 "The Work" of the policy.
- Ancillary materials: The ancillary materials, tools and chains present at the building or installation site, for example scaffolding, formwork, sheet piling, chains, sheds, tools, and the like.
- Property of management and personnel: The personal property of the construction management and persons employed by the insured and working at the construction site present at or near the work.
REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR EFFECTING THE POLICY
- Completed application form
- The contract documents (including any drawings)
- If necessary, additional information can be requested.
- The location to be insured may be inspected in advance by our inspector.
Please contact one of our experts.