Surinamese law requires all employers to insure employees in the event of industrial accidents. An industrial accident can occur during work but can also be the result of a traffic accident on the way to or from work. A good employer looks after the interests of their staff. Unfortunately, accidents at work are not always preventable. Accident insurance enables you to ensure that your employees don’t get into financial problems when they are (temporarily) unable to work or become disabled as a result of an accident at work. In the unlikely event of a fatal accident, the S.O.R. also ensures that your employee gets a proper farewell by covering the costs of a funeral.
In anticipation of legislation and regulations, Assuria is the first insurance company to offer free supplementary cover to the (S.O.R.) Workers Policy, especially for staff who work from home. View the policy terms and conditions.
WHAT ARE YOU INSURED FOR?
- Compensation of minimum daily wages of SRD 280
- 100% payment of wages of the insured daily wages in case of temporary incapacity for work
- SRD 144,000 benefit for the funeral costs
- Your employee is insured against accidents one hour before and one hour after working hours
BENEFITS OF THE S.O.R. INSURANCE
- Telephone assistance in case of damage
- Quick and easy online additions to, removals from or viewing of your employee file
- Renewal discount of 2.5%. This discount will increase every year, for 3 years, when you renew your S.O.R. insurance with Assuria
- Report claims online
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR EFFECTING THE POLICY
- The type of organization of your company
- Professions of the employees in the company in question
- Number of workdays per week
- Requested insured daily wages
- Name and address of employees
- Estimated annual wages
Please contact one of our experts.